Police Frequently Asked Questions

Police Home   |   News & Upcoming Events   |   Links and Resources   |   Police Faq’s


Where do I find Megan’s Law information?

Click on this link to the PA State Police Megan’s Law site. Those who are required to register as a sexual offender, must do so through the Pennsylvania State Police.


How do I get a copy of a police report?

If you are in need of an accident report your insurance company will make the request for you. Police reports other than accidents can be obtained at the Township office. There is a $15.00 charge. Under no circumstances, will a juvenile’s information be released. All reports are approved and released by the Chief of Police during daylight M-F hours ONLY. Payment can be made online for a small fee by clicking this link, or you can bring exact cash with you or write a check made out to Leet Township when you come in to pick up a report.


How do I get assistance installing a child safety seat?

An officer can inspect and install your child’s car seat by calling 724-266-6142 and scheduling  an appointment.


I am having an alarm system installed in my house, do I need a permit?

An alarm permit is required to be filed through the Police Department with a fee of $25.00 payable to Leet Township.

Click on the link to open the alarm permit application:

Alarm Permit